Policy dated: 13.06.17
1. We will treat data about you with care and respect
We adhere to Privacy Principles and take the minimum amount of data needed and look after your data responsibly. We also date our privacy policies so that you can see how recently the policy has been updated.
2. We will never sell, rent or share your data
- We commit to transparency on what data is collected, how it is stored and used.
- Consumers International does not sell your personal data, rent it out or share it with external agencies.
- The information is kept only as long as the user subscribes or unsubscribes to a list.
- If you unsubscribe from e-communications, the data you've submitted, in order to subscribe, is permanently deleted from our databases.
3. We only analyse information about visitor's activity on our site as a whole anonymous set - not by individual
Consumers International does not monitor individual users to its site. Site activity is monitored through the collection of aggregate information only. Such as:
- Total number of visits to the site.
- Time spent by users on individual pages.
- User's country of origin and other top level domains.
- The download of papers and publications.
4. What are cookies, and how do I check if cookies are enabled?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. Cookies are widely used because they allow a website to recognise a user's device and therefore allow enhanced functionality.
You can check to see whether cookies are enabled by visiting http://supportdetails.com
5. We include links and buttons to popular social sharing sites to make sure we can get our information and news out to as many people as possible. Unfortunately, we're not responsible for how they might use data about you.
Consumers International encourages you to check privacy policies on these sites before sharing any information. Consumers International has no responsibility for protection of your data if you share your data with these third parties.